Products for a variety of flexible applications
Bio-Flex® is a biopolymers family of products suitable for flexible applications which can be converted using a wide variety of processing methods. All Bio-Flex® products are completely biodegradable and are based entirely or partially on natural raw materials. The main applications for Bio-Flex® include a wide selection of flexible film applications, such as agricultural, household and hygiene films. Furthermore, it is possible to produce thermoformed articles and injection moulded products using Bio-Flex®. Bio-Flex® offers an alternative disposal route by means of the certified biodegradability / compostability. If required and where facilities exist it is possible to dispose of food together with its packaging.
Mulch films made from Bio-Flex® do not need to be collected after harvest as they can be ploughed in easily along with the remaining plant material. Compostable bags and shoppers made from Bio-Flex® offer a double product benefit: The water originating from food waste remains inside the waste bag due to its outstanding stability in the presence of moisture. The waste bin therefore stays clean and dry and the classic problem of paper bags is prevented. Secondly, compostable waste bags make a valuable contribution to resource conservation. The simple and hygienic collection and disposal of food waste will help to increase bio-waste volumes and close the natural compost cycle. The resulting compost can be used as valuable fertilizer, for example, in agriculture.
Advantages of Bio-Flex® at a glance:
- Based on renewable resources
- Certified biodegradable and compostable according to EN 13432 and ASTM D 6400 (depending on grade)
- Certified home compostable grades available (OK Compost HOME certificate by Vinçotte)
- Can be processed on existing equipment without adjustments (Drop-In Solution)
- Recyclable (in-house, e.g. production waste)
- Food approved to EC Directives and FDA (depending on grade)